From March 1 – April 29, 2022, BuyMax hosted a six-week Spring Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Contest for One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning franchise owners.
The contest was very well received, and we saw record breaking participation with more than 500 entries from 20 shops and over 80 technicians.
Two shop-level and five individual prizes were awarded. Congratulations to Cincinnati, OH for selling the highest volume of IAQ products and to Durham, NC who was also in the winner’s circle for selling the highest volume per technician.
The top selling shops earned trophies, bragging rights, and lunch for the whole shop (up to $1,000)!
Individual level prizes were also offered for selling more than five products. To acknowledge more persons, two winners were selected for the second and third prizes.
Congratulations to our individual winners.
1st Prize Buddy Lavally (Houston, TX) Traeger Grill (valued at $1,600.00)
2nd Prize Gus Serrano (Tucson, AZ,) DEWALT 20V Max Brushless Cordless 6-Tool Combo Kit (valued at $450)
Moses Tautimez (Durham, NC) DEWALT 20V Max Brushless Cordless 6-Tool Combo Kit (valued at $450)
3rd Prize Matthew Mulvihill (Las Vegas, NV) $250 Bass Pro Gift Card
Dave Landis (Lancaster, PA) $250 Bass Pro Gift Card
We asked the winning shop managers Ron Crabtree and Frank Rivera to share what led to their teams bringing home the prizes.
Advice from Ron Crabtree, General Manager, Cincinnati, OH
Ron Crabtree, General Manager of One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning Cincinnati, OH is proud of his team for clinching the top spot. He says there was friendly rivalry among the technicians which greatly assisted with their number one placing.
“The team was energized to win…There were no cut-throat actions, but the guys were undeniably competitive. They conceptualized a contest among themselves and when I heard about it, I fully supported it – doubling their efforts. We are delighted to have been successful and even though the contest is over we are continuing our efforts to ensure we can remain number one when the next contest is announced,”
Crabtree also shared three positive outcomes following the contest:
- Our bottom line was improved – We sold more products than ever before.
- Our technicians sold more and made more money, so they are happier.
- The best outcome is that our customers improved their indoor environment. We are most happy about that. Many families are benefitting from breathing cleaner air and it is a special feeling to know that we are a part of making lives better.
Thoughts from Frank Rivera, Manager, Durham, NC
Frank Rivera, HVAC Manager of One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning Durham, NC shared that they are a small business, but the contest showed that they could compete and win against bigger organizations.
“We have shown that small businesses don’t need to be intimidated. Hard work always reaps success. Our team is the best. Our guys were motivated, and we are proud to be winners,”.
Rivera also shared three positive outcomes following the contest:
- Team morale is higher than ever – We are eagerly looking forward to the next contest.
- Feedback from customers confirmed that they saw a positive difference in the quality of the air in their homes.
- Our technicians used the opportunity to re-educate themselves on the benefits of indoor air quality and they were more confident sharing and selling the benefits to customers.